- We collect information from you when you visit and take actions on our website. We use this information to provide the services you’ve requested.
- Protecting your personal information is extremely important to us and we take all reasonable measures to do so.
The personal information we collect:
- We automatically collect and store data about your visit to indywork.org:
- Domain from which you access the Internet
- Operating system on your computer and information about the browser you used when visiting the site
- Date and time of your visit
- Pages you visited
- Referral traffic that connects you to the Site
- None of the information we collect about you when you visit Indywork.org is personally identifiable.
- We use this information to understand how the Indywork.org website is used, to improve the website, and to monitor usage for security purposes.
- We will not collect personal information from you without your knowledge and consent, except in a few limited circumstances as described in this policy.
Signing up to our mailing list
- We use Mailchimp to manage our mailing list.
- To the extent you provide information when signing up for our mailing list, the information we maintain in Mailchimp may include:
- Date you signed up
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your physical address
- Your phone number
- Your occupation and number of employees
- Records of any direct communication we’ve had with you
- We use the collected email addresses of our mailing list subscribers to send emails with marketing messages, news related to our work and resources.
- We use the personal data we collect to understand how people sign up to our mailing list and to improve the experience of signing up to our mailing list.
- We will not email you unless you consent to email communication.
- Every email will include a link to unsubscribe.
- We use Google Analytics to understand how visitors use our site and to gather aggregate performance metrics.
- We do collect geo-location properties
- We don’t collect any personally identifiable information using Google Analytics, and we do not combine the information collected through Google Analytics with any personally identifiable information.
Clear My Record
- Please email us at hello@IndyWork.org and we’ll delete your record in our Mailchimp database.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
- Cookies are small text files that websites place on the computers and mobile devices of people who visit those websites. Pixel tags (also called web beacons) are small blocks of code placed on websites and emails.
Third party service providers
We use third-party service providers to track and analyze statistical usage and volume information from our Site users. These third-party service providers use persistent Cookies to help us to improve the user experience, manage the content on IndyWork.org, and analyze how users navigate and use the Sites.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept HTTP cookies. If you want to restrict or block the cookies that are set by IndyWork.org, or any other site, you can do so through your browser setting(s). The ‘Help’ function in your browser should explain how. Alternatively, you can visit this website and learn about how to clear cookies on a wide variety of browsers. Please note, IndyWork.org did not author this piece and has no financial investment in Lifewire.
As required by law and similar disclosures
- We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to:
- comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena;
- respond to your requests; or
- protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through IndyWork.org.
Merger, sale, or other asset transfers
- We may also disclose information from you or about you or your devices with your permission.
- We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of IndyWork.org is directed to children.
- We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as our Services are hosted electronically, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
Right to be forgotten and rectification
- You may request that we delete your personal data at any time. Requests can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may request that we make corrections or updates to your personal data at any time. You may request that incomplete data be completed or that incorrect data be corrected. Requests can be submitted to email@example.com.
This version of the policy is effective as of October 26, 2020
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or complaints related to our websites, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.